Environment Minister Kolbrún Halldórsdóttir and Finance Minister Steingrímur J. Sigfússon have signed a new Icelandic Sustainable Procurement National Action Plan at EcoProcura 2009 in Reykjavik. Download the conference press release.
Read the article The Road to Reykjavik - EcoProcura 2009 which appeared in the May edition of eg magazine, published by Global to Local Foundation. Download this article.
You can also download the following press releases prepared by TCO Development in the run-up of EcoProcura 2009.
Press release on the dialogue between ICT product purchasers and manifacturers
Press release on how to achieve 80% reduction of climate impact from computers
Pledges from participants
After numerous inspiring presentations and discussions, the participants were asked:
As a result of this conference, please name one concrete action in which you will engage when you go back home?
Find below some of their answers. The participants pledged to:
- try to adopt life-cycle costing (LCC) in our procurement actions
- develop a GPP strategy for the city and implement GPP routines in my department
- become a member of the Procura+ Campaign before June 1, 2009
- check out sustainable procurement criteria available for different product groups; have and use these criteria in my own organisation
- initiate a working group and communication plan with interested institutions in order to encourage GPP
- start to evaluate the social impacts of products that our (public) company buys
- find the best eco-criteria for the printing business on Monday morning
- write a letter to key national politicians explaining what is happening in the world!
- move sustainable procurement into the mainstream of ICLEI‘s global programme – at the world congress in Edmonton and into the regions
- take the bus home